Sunday, September 22, 2013

Easiest but Tastiest Salsa Chicken Recipe

I made a great crockpot meal the other day that was so tasty and probably the easiest recipe yet.  I wanted to make a meal of it so I also cooked some quinoa and a 16 bean mix to add to it.

I actually cooked the bean mix a few days prior to making the chicken in the crockpot.  I just followed the bag instructions and let the beans cook for about 8 hours.  I would suggest adding salt, pepper and spices to the cooking mix because they will be very bland if you don't.  Some ideas would be garlic powder, onion powder, minced garlic or even thyme and rosemary.

Here is the easiest recipe ever...
Salsa Chicken
1 package boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 jar salsa, I used black bean and corn salsa.  It gave the chicken a smokey chipotle flavor and made my apartment smell so delicious. 

1 cup quinoa (cooked separately)

All you have to do is put the chicken and salsa in the crockpot on high for a few hours. Once the chicken starts to cook and the salsa starts to sizzle, turn it on low and keep it in there for another few hours.  I left mine in the crockpot for six to eight hours and the chicken just fell apart and was so tender.  The salsa is a great topping to go with the meat and quinoa.

The quinoa should be rinsed and the cooked according to the package.  Put one half cup of quinoa on the bottom of a bowl and top it with beans and a few chicken tenders and the salsa.  Salt and pepper is optional but gave the quinoa and beans more flavor.  I live by myself and was about to get 4-5 meals out of this.  It makes being busy much easier when I have prepared my meals ahead of time. Enjoy!


No comments: