Sunday, November 17, 2013

Roasting and Baking and Eating...Oh My.

I bought some cod from Trader Joes and received three beets in my Brewers Organics order this week.  Nothing like having good easy recipes for both.  They require very little ingredients and the prep time is minimal. 
 
Here's all you need to make baked fish:

Baked Cod (or any white fish you like)
 Aluminum Foil
Baking Pan
Salt & Pepper
Coconut Oil

1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Line the baking pan with aluminum foil to make cleaning up super easy.  Grease the foil with coconut oil.
2. Place the white fish in the pan.  I used a plastic glove to lightly spread coconut oil on the fish.
3.  Salt and Pepper to taste.  You can really use any spices you like to season the fish. 
4. Cook for 8-12 mins and let sit for a couple minutes before eating.

The roasted beets are prepped very much like the fish. Here's what you need:

Baking Cookie Sheet
Aluminum Foil
Coconut Oil
Sea Salt
2-3 Smaller Sized Beets

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil and grease the pan with coconut oil.
2. Wash the beets really well since they are usually pretty dirty veggies.  Cut the ends off of them but there is no need to peel them.
3. Spread coconut oil over the beet and lightly salt to taste.
4.  Roast for 45 minutes and just check to see if they are softer and tender.  When they are fully cooked, the skin should be very easy to peel off.  I typically wear a glove so my hands don't get dyed bright pink.

These are two great healthy recipes that I really enjoy.  I am all about easy and minimal prep and clean up.  I would add a small garden salad to this meal to get more veggies in for the day.  Enjoy!

No comments: